In this document we shared Online Examination Synopsis. Online examination helps students of schools/ College/ Institutes is to offer a quick and easy way to appear for the exam. It also provides the results immediately after the exam. The students has to enter valid userid and password to attend the exam. This examination project provides time limit to finish the exam. The user can see their results after completing the exam.
The purpose of this project is to develop Online Examination System.Thisis a web based Online Examination System which will help in conducting the Online Examination.The Online Examination Systemproject provides a web application which will considerably reduce the time required to give the examand know the results.This project will provide an efficient platform both for the students and the teachers, by enabling examinations to be taken online.
An Online Examination System is a special type of web based application where examinations of the students can be taken in a correct and efficient manner. Online Examination System consists of some pages of questions and the student has to write answers or they have to select the correct answers of those questions by selecting appropriate choice.
The main purpose of designing the Online Examination System is to reduce the time of taking examinations of the students manually. There are some advantages factors of this system which are given below:
- The Online Examination System reduces time of taking manual examination of students.
- This system will work efficiently and correctly as far as computer technology is concerned.
- This system will provide better security and transparency in the examination.
- Online Examination system is designed for Educational Institutes (like schools, colleges, universities, training institutes).
- It can be used anywhere any time as it is a web based application.
- It reduces the time of taking examinations of the students manually.
- This system will provide better security and transparency in the examination
- The system handles all the operations, and it generates certificate as soon as the test is finish, that includes name, mark, time spent to solve the exam.
- Allow students to see or display his answers after the exam is finish.
- The type of questions is only multiple choice or true and false.
- Front end: PHP
- Back end: MySQL Server
Project Modules of Online Examination
Login Module :
In this module user can login to the website by entering login ID and password. After Login the system links to Profile page.
- Student login module
- Administrator login module
- Teachers login module
- Forgot password module
Accounts Module :
The module maintains the details for each student as well as provides a facility for editing the student details and the students can change their own passwords in this module if required.
- Student account module
- Teachers account module
In this module students can take the exam and submit the answers. The system can automatically create exams by randomly choosing questions from question database. It provides limited time to answer the questions. When the student starts the exam the timer will start automatically and show the student how much time is left. After the exam this module will be disabled automatically and Results can be viewed immediately upon Submission.
- Examination Timetable module
- Examination module
- Result module
Only Administrator and Examiner can access this module. Here administrator or examiner can view student details, Marks report, examination report, etc.It has a facility to Add students details, View Student List as well as Edit student details. Also administrator can manage users details, course and subject details.
- Subject module
Question Bank Module
Questions bank will have a program to add, modify and delete questions from subject. Here Examiner can upload questions and setting mark schemes and test duration. The questions have different attributes like subject, topic, marks, question type (multiple choice or true / false), question text, options and the answer. The question as well as options can be text or image.
In this module students and examiners will get instant results. Results can also be printed as soon as the test finishes.