A multilingual website is a website that offers content in more than one language. A project which is developed to create a website which supports different types of languages is called Multi-Lingual Website. The default language of this website is English and it supports other languages; Hindi, Kannada, etc. It provides to options to easily connect with customers and clients in their own languages.
Localization needs to be performed every time a new language or region needs to be supported. Multilingual page which shows both static and dynamic data. Creating a Multi-language (multilingual) web page is easy to implement. Multi-language websites are used to increase the volume of users supported for a website.
- Current system supports only one language.
- Current web application suits only for one region.
- Less traffic and not visitor friendly.
AIM OF A multilingual website
- A multi-regional website is one that explicitly targets users in different regions.
- The English content in this site will be converted to other regional language content in the home page of proposed website.
- Publishers from different region can publish their articles as in this website in different to get more viewers and popularity.
- It is useful for Specific language websites to publish articles in their local languages.
- Includes auto translation dictionary. Some sentences automatically translatesto other languages.
PLATFORM/TOOLS/LANGUAGE TO BE USED
- Front End : PHP
- Back End : MySQL Server
The definition and maintenance of the database is done through the MySQL Server. In this article, we will learn how to internationalize and localize project written in PHP. We will go through the various implementation options and the different tools that are available at our disposal to ease the process. The easiest way to internationalize PHP software is by using array files. Arrays will be populated with translated strings.