Here we shared Format of the synopsis. Before starting to work on student project, the student has to send a Synopsis to the internal guide and get it approved. The synopsis is a brief outline (1000 words is the maximum limit) or general view, as of a subject or written work; an abstract or a summary.
A Format of the synopsis must have the following topics:
- Name/title of the project:
This should be explicitly mentioned at the beginning of the Synopsis. Since the topic itself gives a peep into the project to be taken up, candidate is advised to be prudent on naming the project. This being the overall impression on the future work, the topic should corroborate the work.
- Statement about the problem
- Project Category:
(Web Application/Software appplication/RDBMS/OOPS/Networking/Multimedia/Artificial Intelligence/IOT/Expert Systems etc.).
- Why the particular topic is chosen:
This should contain brief background of the selected project. It must identify the importance of study, its relevance and applicability of results. It must clearly state the purpose of the study.
- Objective & scope of the project:
This should give a clear picture of the project. Objective should be clearly specified. What the project ends up to and in what way this is going to help the end user has been mentioned.
- Methodology(including a summary of the project)
- Hardware & software to be used while developing the project
- Process Description including DFDs and ER diagram
The process of the whole software system proposed, to be developed, should be mentioned in brief. This may be supported by DFD’s / Flowcharts to explain the flow of the information and ER diagram.
- Testing technologies used
- What contribution would the project make?
The write-up must end with the concluding remarks-briefly describing innovations in the approach for implementing the Project, main achievements and also any other important feature that makes the system stand out from the rest.
- Future scope and further enhancement
- Guides resume & his/her willing to guide :
This will be Internal guide and External guide of the project.