The aspects of the Train Scheduling and Simulation are discussed in this project. In the existing system, we can schedule the trains only on sections which are having two lines. In this project, we will discuss about the algorithm which is used to schedule the trains on sections in two-lines. To simulate the train scheduling on three-line section which changes we need to make in the algorithm are discussed in this project. It also describes the advantage of third line in scheduling of the trains. The handling of test cases in train scheduling are also discussed in this report. The changes in the algorithm plays an important role in extending the sections having any number of lines.
The previous system is capable of doing the various operations of train scheduling like tracking the train,
locomotives and their dynamics characteristics (i.e. acceleration/velocity that they are capable of),
signaling protocols and signals. It will show the various locations of trains at various points of time
through the graphical representation. We can get information about block occupancies and loop
occupancies by using this system. We can schedule trains on one-line section by using this system. We
can use single line in both up and down directions. The train scheduling on sections having two-lines will
be managed by the previous system. This system schedules trains based on rst-come-rst-serve method.
This strategy not gives consideration to the pipeline effect so it is not considered as optimal strategy.
For one particular direction like up direction and the down direction, each line section is reserved.
- The application should be able to schedule the trains on a three-line section in the future.
- Two dedicated railway lines in the three-line section are: One line is reserved for up direction and other line is reserved for down direction. Also in both up and down direction we can use Third railway line.
- Before doing train scheduling in third line we should understand how to use it and also we need to find in which direction we need to use third line during the different intervals of time.
- We have to design and test the test cases for 3-line sections.
- We need to find Scheduling strategies for effective use of the third line in train schedule.
- We need to measure the performance of the various scheduling strategies by using different parameters.
- The test cases which are used to measure the performance of the various scheduling strategies need to be designed and tested.
- To increase the performance of scheduling strategies, we have to transform them to the incorporate dynamic scheduling.
- We need to develop a script or method for running and verifying the test cases automatically.
- Experts observed that, the train track is more in one direction than the other direction in some intervals of time and it is vice versa in other intervals of time. So experts suggest the direction in which there is more train track should be same as direction of the third line.