As the name suggests, hostel management system deals with the organized way of managing the activities that take place in the hostels. It will be one of the important projects that will simplify the work of the institutions in getting the seats booked in the hostels with great ease. Hostels are the part of the institutions which will help the students to stay here who are coming from far places. It will help the students in getting the seats in the hostels without any difficulty and will also help in maintaining transparency. It will help in simplifying life of everyone to acquire seats with great ease. Storing data in Oracle database is very secure. This is fully computerized of all the routine process of hostel as student admission, staff management, student records management, Fee Collection, Room check in and check out process, Monthly and weekly Expense calculation and other routing processes.
The features that can be included in the hostel management system using Oracle are as follows:
- Seat database management: The seats that are present in the particular hostels must be updated from time to time. This will help in maintaining the seats present in the hostels in a well organized way.
- Simplify the work: This will also help in simplifying the work of the colleges related to the hostel accommodations.
- Price: The cost of the room for a person must also be mentioned properly. There should not be any discrimination in this.
- Transparency: This will help to maintain transparency between the students and the college.
- Students database management: The details of the students staying in the hostels like name, place, address, contact details can be maintained with ease.
- Reports: Reports regarding the unallocated rooms, partially allocated rooms, fully allocated rooms can be generated through this application.