As the name suggests, the super market management system manages the sales activity done in a supermarket, maintaining the stock details, maintaining the records of the sales done for a particular month/year. The users will consume less time in calculation and the sales activity will be completed within a fraction of seconds whereas manual system will make the user to write it down which is a long procedure and it also consumes a lot of time. The data will be stored in the database. Most of the activities in a super market can be carried out in a smooth manner without any difficulty or delay through this application.
The features of the super market management application are as follows:
- Employee database management: When a new employee joins the company, his record is saved in the database.
- Items: Here the Admin can add any new items present in the supermarket. He also has the right to modify or delete it from the database.
- Sales: As the customer buys the products and comes to the billing counter, the user is supposed to enter the item name he purchased and the quantity of the item he wanted to purchase. This is not a huge a task. The system will display all the items whose name starts with the letter selected by the user. He can select out of those displayed. Finally a separate will be generated for each customer.
- Vendor Order: If the stock is not available, the supermarket orders and buys from a prescribed vendor.
- Stock entry: The items bought from the vendor will be entered here and this will be added to the stock.
- Vendor Report: This provides the report of the items bought from a vendor for a particular month/ year and also gives the total amount spent on daily basis.