Image processing is a method to convert an image or video into digital form and perform some operations on it. It is the technique which the input is an image or videos and the output of image processing may be either an image or a set of characteristics or parameters related to the image.
The Google+ photos currently using this technology to increase the quality of the image. It has following features:
- Image resize
- Image rotate – Flip horzontally, Flip Vertically
- Crop photos
Some examples of image processing are :
- Converting black and White image to color
- Changing RGB Color of image
- Hiding text documents in image
- Finding person in the group photo
- Increasing image pixel quality
- Adjusting Image Brightness
- Color correction and cropping
- Image background editor
- Finger print detection system
- Swapping Images, etc.
Programming language: JAVA or MATLAB
INTRODUCTION TO ROBOTICS, ANALYSIS, SYSTEMS, APPLICATIONS – SAEED B. NIKU
INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING – ANIL K.JAIN
Digital mage Processing – Rafael C. Gonzalez and Richard E. Woods, Addison Wesley 1993.
Image Processing Analysis, and Machine Vision 2nd edition PWS Publishing, 1998 – Milan Sonka, Vaclav Hlavac and Roger Boyle.