The main objective of the Project Metrics is to track the status of the software projects. The main part of this application is Verification and Validation.
The set of activities that ensure correct implementation of a specific function is called Verification.
Verification: “Are we building the product right”
A different set of activities that ensure that the software that has been built is traceable to customer requirements is called Validation.
Validation: “Are we building the right product”
The main aim of the Independent
Verification and Validation Plan is to bring out the various Verification and validation tasks to be performed.
The main features of this project are:
1) The Project metrics should ensure
that the developed software and the documents are of high quality as expected from any mission critical software.
2) This project should create the plan for Verification and validation process.
3) This project should develop a tool to manage the Verification and Validation process.
4) This project should maintain the document names, released date, receiving date, source code module names, size of document, version number and source code modules of receiving projects for Verification and validation.
By using this application, Verification & validation co-coordinator can assign the tasks/activities to different persons. Also he can calculate the expected efforts and actual efforts.
The five main modules of this project are given below:
1) Planner module: This module should manage the required inputs for Verification and validation and assigning the tasks/activities to team members. In this module, we will check required documents
are available for performing a specific task or activity on a particular project.
2)Plan Module: This module should maintain the task numbers, task names according to the projects. If any new project came for
verification and validation then its project name, task number, task name will be stored.
3) Configure Module: This module should maintain the Task id’s, total tasks, total team members name, designation, personal numbers, phone number information.
4)Efforts Estimation: This module should manage the actual time and estimated time for performing the tasks on documents and software.
5) Estimated Efforts: Estimation of
Verification effort for a document includes the calculation of manpower to complete the verification of a document.
Actual Efforts: It includes the time required to verify the source code and document.
Operating System : Windows 2000
Front End : JAVA,Servlets, Java SCRIPT,HTML
Back End : ORACLE8i
Processor : Pentium IV Processor or higher
Clock Speed : Minimum 500Hz
RAM: 256 MB RAM or more
Hard Disk: Minimum 40GB HDD
Key Board : 104keys
Mouse : Logitech mouse
Monitor : Color monitor
FDD: Minimum 1.44 MB