In existing system, the user needs to call his friends and ask their current location. Friends may tell the wrong location. But, the user will not know whether his friends telling truth or lie. We are developing friend locator application to solve this problem. By using this project, the user can find out his friend’s current location easily. Also, he can know the distance from his location to friend’s location. This android application is very user-friendly and easy to use. The user can install this application in his android mobile and find the location of his friends.
Project title: Friend Locator on Mobiles
The main features of Friend locator on mobiles application are given below:
- Friend locator application allows the user to view his friend’s location on Google Map.
- It enables the user to select a friend to know his present location.
- Also, it uploads user’s current location at specific frequency.
- This application displays the distance between his location and his friend’s location in kilometers.
- By using this application, the user can know his friend’s current location quickly.
WCF (Windows communication Foundation) REST Service
REST (Representational State Transfer protocol)
Android Google API
- GPS – is used to retrieve the current location of user
- GPRS – is used for internet connectivity between mobile and server
Visual Studio 2008
Android SDK 1.5 or above
SQL Server 2000 or above
Android mobile with GPS and GPRS connection
Download projects in studentprojectguide.com🔥170 Views